1. Is it hard to cut my own tree with a handsaw? The thicker the tree trunk is, the longer it takes to saw through the tree. If you encounter a problem or if you need assistance, please let us know and we can help you.
2. Do I need to bring anything with me to get my U-cut or Pre-cut tree? Please dress appropriately for the weather (cold, wet, etc) - we recommend you wear outdoor shoes or boots, a warm jacket and a hat (weather dependent). Other than that, we supply everything else: the handsaws to cut your tree and wagons/sleighs to easily cart your tree from the field or to your vehicle. If it snows out, we also have brooms to dust the snow off the tree to have a peek. If securing the tree to your vehicle roof please bring string or rope to tie your tree to your roof rack and a blanket to help protect the roof from scratches. We also have string on hand and will be more than happy to help assist you should you need help securing your tree to your vehicle.
3. How long will my cut tree last? It depends on the type of tree, how dry the room is where your tree is placed and how well you keep your tree watered. For best results, refresh your tree (make a one inch cut off the base of the tree) just prior to setting the cut tree in a tree stand. Are trees are very hearty and if taken care of properly will last well past Christmas. Please see "Tree Care" to ensure a long lasting Christmas Tree.
4. Do you sell very tall trees? Yes, we have trees up to 14 feet tall.
5. Do you have a tree baler? Yes. If you need to we can bale your tree in a tight netting to make your tree easier to handle and transport.
6. Where can I recycle my cut tree after Christmas? In the past the Lions Club of Prince George has collected real Christmas Trees for disposal at the CN Centre in early January over a 2 day period. The dates are not yet released for this year, but we will update the website when we find out!
7. What method of payment do you accept? We accept cash, debit, MasterCard and Visa. Please keep in mind that the Debit, MasterCard and Visa are linked to the internet which can be spotty at times - therefore, cash is the preferred method for a quick payment.
8. Do you have a place we can warm up? Unfortunately not this year due to COVID-19 safety measures. Only one person in the office area at a time for payment processing. Our outhouse will be heated as there will be no in-house washroom available.
9. I see you open Nov 27th, is this to early to cut my tree down? Not at all, if you care for your tree as suggested in our "Tree Care" section your tree will stay healthy until you are ready to put it up :)
10. Do you allow dogs? We know dogs are part of the family and this a family affair so please feel free to bring your fur member along too! However please be aware on the weekends it can be very busy and at certain times there can be many dogs all at once. Please bring a leash and keep your dog on its leash when around the office and when families are bringing in their trees from the field. We expect owners will solely and ultimately be responsible for their dogs and their dogs actions.